Friday, November 18, 2005

M*A*S*H

The Martin Community Players put on the play M*A*S*H, by Tim Kelly (based on the book by Richard Hooker) in their ongoing efforts to provide live theatre for our area. The location was the Martin County Auditorium. The play was directed by Andy Weaver with Sound Direction by Michael Stephens.



Freedom Is Not Free

The performances of M*A*S*H were dedicated to the men and women who serve and have served in all branches of the Armed Forces as well as the personnel of Fire & Rescue. We honor them for the freedom that we all enjoy, courtesy of their courage and commitment. The Williamston Fire Department Color Guard presented the colors.


Honoring Our Troops

Patriotic music was performed at intermission.


Local Heroes

There was a picture collage of area men and women who have served or are serving in the Armed Forces on display at the performances.


Captain "Duke" Forest (Hank Bowen) And Captain "Hawkeye" Pierce (Dean McCall)

The play covered many of the same characters that we became familiar with from the movie and many years of the TV show of the same name.


Lt. Colonel Henry Blake (Gary Gardner)

The Story is familiar, but the feelings are new when watching it on the stage. Like all stage events, it allows our own imaginations to take over. And some of the characters acquire new images due to the necessities of dramatizing action required by the "stage".


Corporal "Radar" O'Reilly (Julius Andrews)

The major reason for live theater though is the opportunity to see some of our own local stars, and M*A*S*H had them in abundance.


Mitzi (Emily Tadlock), Fritzi (Amie Henkens) And Miss Razzle Dazzle (Charlotte Elks)

Hope you were there. If not, you missed a great time.


3 Comments:

At 5:30 AM, Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi there Dean Stephens, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on architectural photography I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for architectural photography. Should the need ever arise where you need information on architectural photography then drop by for a look.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Dean Stephens...Wow! While I was searching for info on digital forum photography I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for digital forum photography. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about digital forum photography.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Dean Stephens...Wow! While I was searching for info on life photography still I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for life photography still. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about life photography still.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home